Project 333 is one of those challenges that I listed before: wear only 33 items for 3 months. These items include clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes, but not your wedding ring, underwear, sleep wear, lounge wear, and workout clothes. The next start of Project 333 is October 1st.
During my pregnancy, I simply did not have that many pieces that fit anymore, especially towards the end. And I wasn’t willing to buy a whole new wardrobe just for those last couple of months. So I have already had an informal test run with a minimal wardrobe.
At the moment we are still waiting for the baby to arrive, but she should be here by the beginning of October (otherwise I’ll just start a few days later). It will be a tricky period, as my body will slowly be returning to some kind of new normal (nine months on, nine months off?), and there will probably be a lot of baby spit covering anything I will wear. But I think it can be done!
Things to consider:
- How often do I wash my clothes? Preferably not more than once a week. But as said, I’ll probably go through my clothes rather quickly with the baby…
- Closet shopping: as my body will still be changing, I don’t really want to buy too many new items. So I’ll have to get the most out of what I already have.
- Clothes that flatter my body shape: probably slowly moving from pregnant apple in the direction of my original rectangle (according to the test on bodyshapefashionadvice, even with bigger boobs and hips, I’ll probably still be a rectangle). During this period, perhaps more important than my shape is to have clothes that will accommodate my changing body…
- Clothes that flatter my colours: according to the chic fashonista, I am warm spring, which apparently means that I should stay away from most cold colours and yellows, and go for warm and bright. Considering what I currently have, I will probably go for black as a neutral, and red as main bright, for now.
- Dressy clothes: I will officially not get back to work (from maternity leave) until after this challenge, but there will be some events that I will probably go to (a conference, a Christmas lunch, and of course our own Christmas dinner and there is New Year’s Eve).
- Baby: Although I have three dresses that accommodate pretty much any size, it would probably be a good idea to switch to separates as quickly as possible, so I can simply change tops in case of baby puke or something related. And then I just need a lot of tops!